To start and complete the Department of Transportation (DOT) SAP Assessment process at BHIC, call our Charlotte drug education and evaluation experts at 704-458-9292. The Department of Transportation (DOT) federal regulation (49 CFR Part 40) defines the Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) as a person who evaluates employees (including CDL drivers, aviation workers, and pipline workers) who have violated a DOT drug and alcohol federal regulation and makes recommendations concerning drug education and evaluation, alcohol and drug treatment programs, follow-up testing, and aftercare.
If you or someone you know in the Charlotte area needs a DOT-SAP Assessment, please contact Behavioral Health Intervention Center at (704) 458-9292 for drug education and evaluation. DOT-DAP assessments in Charlotte are provided same day and during times that fit your needs.
HOW THE DOT-SAP PROCESS WORKS
- A confirmed violation (most commonly tests positive for alcohol or illicit drugs), at that time the operator (CDL truck driver, flight attendant, pipeline worker, or others) must stand down from the safety sensitive duties, and is not able to return to safety sensitive duties until they have been released or returned to duty by a qualified SAP.
- The operator must contact (call 704-458-9292 or make appointment on line by clicking here) a qualified SAP and go in for a face-to-face substance abuse assessment (cost $250.00). At the end of the DOT-SAP assessment the operator will leave with a recommendation for either drug/alcohol treatment or education. The DOT has a mandatory minimum recommendation of education, commonly called (in North Carolina) Alcohol Drug Education Training School (ADETS) 8-16 hours.
- Complete the drug and alcohol treatment or education and contact the SAP in Charlotte for a follow-up appointment.
- Go to the SAP for the appointment, this is the Return to Duty appointment, after this appointment your employer (or last employer) will be sent a Return to Duty Letter (cost $250.00).
- If you are a Commercial Driver in the state of North Carolina and your violation was against a CDL, you will need to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and get you license reinstated.
- Get a clean drug/alcohol, return to duty test. This test will be ordered by your employer, The return to duty test are directly observed, this is per UD DOT policy, in addition any follow up drug tests will be observed as well. The SAP must order a minimum of 6 random drug tests in the 1st year and can order additional drug testing for up to 5 years (60 months)
- Go back to work!
DOT-SAP Assessment in Charlotte for North or South Carolina call 704-458-9292 to schedule your appointment 7 days a week so you can get back to work fast! All of Behavioral Health Intervention SAP professionals in Charlotte are qualified for federal drug and alcohol treatment under the current U.S. DOT requirements for CDL truck operators, pipeline workers, aviation employees, or others. Verifying paperwork is available upon request.
To schedule an appointment to start the process of getting back to work please call us at 704-458-9292.